I'm going to share my thoughts from my experience of the "hunt" from a woman's perspective:
- Guys will usually post a photo up of themselves with other guys. Preferably their cute friend to leave you wondering which one he actually is. False hope though I'm not sure how he's suppose to rescue you from that.
- Sometimes they'll even post a headless photo of themselves in their boxer briefs. Okay, seriously, why in the world would you think that this will get you a woman? Sorry to break the news to you, it's not cute. It also actually just looks like you don't know how to use a camera. This isn't the Craigslist casual encounter.
- Guys love taking you to the gunshow. I can't take a guy seriously that is making a duck face and showing his biceps. Muscles, that's totally awesome. I just have one question, do they actually work or are they just for show?
- Photos with your pets sleeping on you. Thank you for showcasing your sensitive side. I am paying more attention to your pets than I am to you. Honest. It is super freaking cute though. I may have to hit you up with a wink, poke, or whatever it is they do for a "like".
- People that fill out their self-summary with the words, "ask me". You could have just skipped that field entirely. What's the point of even entering any text there? It's just a waste of space and actually makes you less intriguing. I'd rather go on to the next profile that has a little more bait.
- Guys that state that they "like girls" in the profiles. You're either trying really hard to convince yourself of your sexuality or you're a 12 year old.
- Typos. Yes, typos and grammatical errors. Obviously, I'm not a writer. I have a blog dedicated to my grammatical errors and typos that you're reading right now. Seriously though, if there's only one thing I have to ask, it's that you know the difference between "your" and "you're". Your crazy. No, I don't own crazy.
- Blurry artistic photos with a splash of blue flames or something else you think is just so freaking cool. Get that crap out of here. This isn't your "portfolio". However, if you're a model. Give me a call. I wouldn't mind having a glass of wine and just staring at you for a night.
- Straight to the point. "No kids, live alone, want sex". You make me giggle.
With all that being said, I'd like to thank the guys out there that have provided me with much entertainment. Not to fret, there are people out there that actually find relationships from dating sites and all I have to say to that is, good for you! One of my close friends is happily in a relationship and he was actually the one that suggested that I sign up. I'm meeting some interesting characters but mostly via message communication. I haven't met anyone else in person since my last "first date".
Lately I've just been flirting with guys at my bar which is in all due respect sometimes fun but also great for me because I don't want to be in a relationship for once in my life. Yes, says the girl who used to be addicted to being in relationships. I was never single for long but now I'm using this time to find myself. I think everyone should use some "alone" time. That doesn't mean you can't flirt and be a make-out bandit. Live your life, gain some experience. Sow your freaking oats because once you settle down that's it. I don't really believe in divorce so it'll be a while before I find someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. With that being said, I probably shouldn't be on dating sites since most people on there are actually looking for relationships. I don't think it hurts to look though, right? If you have any stories, please feel free to share. I'd love to hear your experiences and opinions.
Peace and love my friends. Be safe and keep it wrapped. Double even.